Ian Wilson answered on 26 Jun 2013:
I don’t believe in ghosts, myself but I have to say I kinda like the idea of them existing! As long as they’re nice ghosts…
If we assume that ghosts do exist, then there are loads of explanations that people have used for them. One is that they are the spirits of people who have died but have refused to move onto wherever we’re supposed to go when we die. Another is that they’re telepathic creatures that we see with our minds.
One problem is that there are countless explanations for ghosts because nobody seems to agree on a single one! The other problem is that none of the theories can be explained scientifically because they all involve something that we don’t understand the science behind yet – is there life after death; are there other dimensions that something could come from; is telepathy possible?
Until we know more of these answers, then it may not be possible to explain what people are seeing when they see a ghost.
Do you believe in ghosts? My friend in America believes in them and thinks sees them quite a lot – sounds terrifying!
Hannah Brotherton answered on 26 Jun 2013:
I BELIEVE 😀 …why? am I crazy, have I seen one???
I think I have seen one, but tbh I don’t know if it was my imagination in the middle of the night. but why I believe in ghosts is scientifically explained 😀
So the spectrum of light, that is visible light (what we see) xray, infrared etc) is massive. and we only see a tiny teeny weeny bit of it – we only see visible light. Bu other animals can see in infrared, so they can see smells.
Also only 5% of the universe is made up of matter so what is the other 95% made up of – space is made up of atoms – which is matter, so it can’ t be more space – it needs to be something we can’t see.
So we have things in the universe that we know are there but we can’t see, and we can’t see about 80% of the light in the universe –
So there must be things or people we can’t see.
Our souls are energy, our minds are electricity – it is IMPOSSIBLE to destroy electricity and energy…..so where does it go.
I think it goes to these places and light spectrums that we can’t see. This is where our souls go and every now and again, we can see them accidentally come into the visible light – which is what we see as ghosts
Its amazing and its not gobble goop, its really science explaining it
Jono Bone answered on 27 Jun 2013:
No I don’t believe in ghosts. But I don’t think (most) people who claim to see them are lying. I think they are created by psychological illusions.
For example, a chill in the air, low-light conditions and even magnetic fields may trigger feelings that “a presence” is in a room .
Further more, ghostly encounters are influenced by a person’s knowledge of the place and its history, the “prior knowledge hypothesis”. So peoples mind make them see what they expect to see.
whats your favourite animal?
if you were religious would you become a full science if it affected your beliefs?
what is your life goal
if we used every single part of our brain would we be able to move stuff with our hands
Why have you decided to the project that your doing?, what difference did it make to your life that you think it'll